Our Guest Bedrooms
Our three en-suite bedrooms are named Bradwell, Dewhurst and Hale. All are doubles with Bradwell and Hale accommodating a fold up bed if required.
Bradwell is our most spacious room with an original oak beamed ceiling. It can be made up as a twin or super-king sized double and features a luxury ‘art-deco’ inspired en-suite bathroom.
The Dewhurst room has a king-size double bed. Dewhurst is located at the back of the house and enjoys views over our garden to open countryside beyond.
Hale has a king-size double bed. Hale is located on the front of the house with south and west facing windows so enjoys the sunlight for much of the day.
- Pocket sprung mattresses for a great night’s sleep;
- Tea and coffee making facilities;
- Complimentary fresh fruit and snacks;
- Fresh flowers;
- Flexible lighting;
- Internet enabled TV with Freeview;
- Complimentary secure Wi-fi and fixed broadband internet;
- DAB radio alarm clock;
- High quality furniture and sanitary ware;
- Large shower cubicles with high-flow feature shower heads;
- Towels with heated towel rail;
- Bath-robes and slippers;
- Writing desk / dressing table;
- Heating controls;
- Shaving point;
- Opening windows;
- Range of toiletries;
- Iron and ironing board available on request;
…and not forgetting a corkscrew and bottle opener!
Your breakfast will be served in the dining room between 7:00am and 9:00am but please ask if you require an earlier breakfast.
There is a selection of cereals, fruit juices, fresh fruit, home made preserves and yoghurts together with freshly ground coffee and speciality teas.
Choose your cooked breakfast from a range of dishes which are freshly prepared to order using locally sourced and home grown ingredients.
Our Guest Lounge
Our elegant guest lounge is a great place to unwind and relax after your journey.
In here you’ll find a selection of books, local information and OS maps to help you plan your stay as well as a selection of board games.
The lounge includes Wi-Fi and large screen Freesat/Freeview internet enabled TV and an Apple laptop is available for your use on request.
We’ll offer to serve you with refreshments in the lounge on your arrival but you are of course welcome to make use of these facilities at any time.
Our Garden and Summerhouse
If the weather is fine then you are welcome to use our garden and summerhouse.
The garden has a number of seating areas while the shade of our old Bramley Apple tree is a favourite spot on a bright summer’s day.
The summerhouse has comfortable seating for up to four people. It has radio and TV and is a nice spot to catch the sun going down in the evening before dinner or the last few overs of televised cricket.
- Watch out for trip hazards such as uneven paving and hosepipes – take care as you move around;
- Seasonal hazards such as low hanging fruit and branches can give you a nasty bump or poke you in the eye. Feel free to try our plums and apples when in season but avoid running in the orchard area;
- You are welcome to use our play equipment but do so at your own risk;
- Children must be supervised by an adult at all times when in the garden;
- Our ornamental garden pond is deceptively deep at around 1.5m so please take extreme care when venturing nearby;
- Please avoid the gravel footpath between the greenhouse and our wildlife pond.
- The Hale Room – a spacious pied-à-terre for exploring South Yorkshire
- The Bradwell Room – why not treat yourself?
- The Dewhurst Room – peaceful with nice views of our garden and beyond
- Breakfast Menu
- Welcome to Throapham House
- About Our Accommodation
- Contacting Throapham House
- Featured items and special offers
- For Business
- For Friends and Family
- For Leisure
- Guest book comments
- Highly recommended
- Our news
- Terms and Conditions
- Things to do
- Throapham House and the local area
- Wining and Dining
- Your Hosts – Ann and Robert Holland