Ann and Robert welcome everyone to Throapham House. Although we currently have no facilities for wheelchair users we are gradually improving physical access and would welcome your comments on how we might make your stay more enjoyable.
- Ample guest parking space is available in the courtyard to the side of Throapham House. If you have a particularly large vehicle then please let us know in advance to make sure we can accommodate this.
- The courtyard has a concrete surface with a paved pathway to the front door.
- Assistance with luggage is available and we will try to meet you at your car if we see you arrive.
- There is one 6.5cm step into the house.
- You will be provided with an electronic key fob which opens both the front door and your bedroom door.
- The dining room is situated on the ground floor.
- There is a polished wooden floor.
- Large print breakfast menus are available on request.
Main staircase and access to bedrooms and guest lounge
- The main staircase is 111cm wide with 30cm deep x 15cm high treads with the bannister on the left.
- There are 10 steps to a quarter landing and three more to a half-landing. From the half landing…
- one step on to back landing – 69cm wide x 18cm high to the Dewhurst bedroom and three further steps with a handrail to the right – 80cm wide x 22cm deep x 19cm high to the Bradwell room.
- 6 steps with bannister on left – 111cm wide with 30cm deep x 15cm high treads to the Hale room and guest lounge.
Our staircase has 10 risers to the quarter landing
A further 6 steps lead to the Hale bedroom and lounge